Thursday, September 08, 2005

Overkill

Have been using this word a lot this semester. This was coined by the beer belly hypocrite in my class. The one in the group of rejects with the american twang.

It all started at one of my group's presentations last year, we did a short video and got good comments from the lecturer. After the presentation, this person approached me and said it was a wonderful job blah blah and even go as far as asking me what software I used etc.

But, during our hospital attachment where we got to work with people from other classes. He went around and actually told others that our group's work was an overkill, and fabricated some lies about my group leader. Eventually the news reached some members of our group. Although he did apologized to my group leader, my group leader told him that despite what he said we will still continue to overkill in our presentations, ha ha....so that was how this word got popular.

Found out much later that he was simply jealous, as both of us have graphic design background. Somehow his experience of such was never utilised in any of his group's presentation, and I heard that he would say things like, "I could have done that!".

This phrase aptly put it : Empty vessels make the most noise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home