Friday, August 19, 2005

Can I See Your Friend's ID?

This happened a few days back.

My friend and I made plans to catch this movie Mysterious Skin at Orchard Cineleisure. As he was late, I decided to go ahead and get the tickets.
The box office is at the 4th level. When I reached there, I could see a long queue at the booth. ONE long queue, even though there were like three or four staff behind 'busy' arranging the overpriced snacks. Shouldn't they be more concern abt the long queue? And you wonder why Singapore slipped in the recent service ranking.(from top 5 to 20!!!!)

It was finally my turn; (me = red, ticket person = blue)
"Two tickets for Mysterious Skin pls, 10.05 show."

Looked at the computer, then looked up at me "Sir, do you have the ID? "

Woahhh... compliment is it? I look that young ah? Trying hard not to look really pleased.

Probably realized from my reaction, "No Sir, do you have the ID of the other person who is watching? "

Bubble burst!!! Chey..... I thought.....
And yah, I have his birth cert, passport and urine sample, u want? How the heck am I goin to know that I need his ID to get the tickets?!?! I'm watching a movie, not getting married!


"This is a restricted rating movie."

Blank look, "No..I dun have"

"I'm sorry sir, we can't sell you the other ticket because we need the ID to prove."

Getting pissed, "How would I possibily know, look, why don't you sell me the tickets and I'll get my friend to come by and show his ID?"

Dead pan look, "Sorry, I can't sell you the ticket because it is the rule."

Getting really pissed, "But there's no sign stating you need ID to purchase the tickets!"

Still the same look, "Sorry, I can't sell you the ticket because it is the rule."

Fuming now, but realized that there is a long queue behind me. I gave him one good look and walked away. What bloody rules? If they wanna implement something idiotic like this, jolly well place a sign somewhere prominent. This way, people will know before they queue for the tickets, NOT at the counter, especially after if there is a long queue.
Anyway, when my friend came, I made him get the tickets. I then told the same person that they should hang a notice above the counter. He forced a smile and kept quiet, probably reacting to the sarcastic tone of my voice, nah beh....

1 Comments:

Blogger Cookie Monster said...

mmm... mi scusi, but do you have to show ID to watch RA shows nowadays?

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home