Monday, May 01, 2006

Cousin

Had my first paper last Friday and it was just so :(. So after relaxing myself with a swim, I decided to head down to Sim Lim Sq and pamper myself with a gadget(progress package early mah). I considered this a 'mental spa' to treat myself.

I was minding my own business sitting at the bus stop when I noticed this lady staring at me. I peeped from the corner of my eye subtly, and realized it was a cousin whom I haven't seen for ages. Well, this cousin of mine has a very loud voice and since I was on the way for my 'spa', I didn't want to stress myself with her shrieking.

She wasn't really sure that it was me, so she walked to and fro and tried to get my attention. Me on the other hand was trying my best to ignore her 'hovering and darting'. I pretended to look towards the on coming buses and even contemplated to leave the bus stop. But before I could do anything, I felt a tap on my shoulder, damned!

"Are you XXX?" she asked softly, she even remembered my nickname! But I was more surprised that she spoke so softly, has she became more demure?

"Yah, and you are cousin XXX right?" I tried my best and gave an angelic reply.

Then a loud, pontianak like, shrieked laughter followed. I swore that it could be heard within a km radius of the bus stop, and if any bird flew by they will be instantly zapped by the high octave sound waves, I think I even heard dogs barking in the opposite HDB flats. "Heeee....Yah lor, I thought it was you! I dare not to call you at first leh...Heee".

The people at the bus stop all turned around and stared at me, not her. They probably thought that I was making her shrieked. She continued talking loudly, I was hoping my poor ears drum could take the stress. I took one or two steps back when she got louder but she would moved towards me too, it was like the tango of death.

Amidst her talking/shrieking and my nodding, she suddenly whipped out her purse and showed me pictures of her baby. Despite being adorable, I was wondering if her baby was as loud as her? Poor daddy must be wearing ear plugs all the time.

Then in the distance, I could see a light coming towards me, it was my salvation, my bus is here! Before I could react, she shrieked yet again in the highest octave "Heeee, My bus is here, I'm going to my mother's. What bus are you taking?"

I looked at her stunned for a while but quickly composed myself with a lie "Oh, I'm waiting for a friend here. He is coming to pass me something." I just cannot imagine boarding and traveling with her!

I felt so relieved as I saw her board the bus, she waved at me as the bus moved out. I think I'm gonna need a more luxurious 'mental spa'.

2 Comments:

Blogger estlxlan said...

haha.... i bet i will turn into that in 5 years time!!! haha...

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should be thankful she did not even have time to ask if you're married or seeing someone and blah blah blah! count yourself lucky mate!

ah long...

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home