Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bloody blood test

For the active NS men who are 35, we'll have to go for a mandatory blood test to determine if we are fit for subsequent IPPT or something like that.

First of all, my camp is bloody far. Heard of Sungei Gedong? No? How abt Lim Chu Kang cemetery? It takes abt one and a half hour for me to get there, via train and then bus.

At the medical centre, I was then told to go to the treatment room and have my blood taken. When I went into the the room (quite a big room), I could see all of them crowding round the computer which was at the opposite corner facing the entrance, they were like totally engrossed in whatever was on the screen(the infamous NYP flick?). I have to make some noise like clearing my throat to get notice.

Sat down and two guys came over, I even have to remind them to take down my particulars. Guy A then told the other to draw my blood for HIV antibodies test, I was like huh? I question him and he said that it was routine for ORD, ORD(Run out date, for those who finish serving their 2 years National Service)? I have to remind him that I was here for glucose(sugar) and lipids(fats) test and not HIV test. Thinking back it was rather complimentary cos they thought that I had just ORD leh, which means I look really youthful, ha ha.... OK, ok not to digress...

Then came the annoying part, guy B is terrible at taking blood. He had to 'poke' me three times on both arms and the initial attempt was painful! He remarked that it was due to the collaspe of my vein,what BS! He can still machiam pretend to be very professional. Guy A took over on the third attempt and managed to get what was required, nahbeh! And in the end, I have to ask them for plasters! Even the plasters were of inferior quality, it came off and could hardly stay in place after I walked out of the camp.

Lets see what will happen during next week's follow up....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home