Friday, July 29, 2005

BCLS

It's a medical abbreviation for Basic Cardiac Life Support. When a person, like goes unconscious and can't breathe etc... then you'll have to put your mouth on their mouth and then stick your tongue in and frolick....oops sorry digressed, what I meant was resuscitation. Still dun know? Pls go google it. And fyi, the test was conducted on mannequins, a device is attached to them to measure the volume of air, amount of pressure and the duration taken during the course of the rescue.

Anyway, I took the test on tuesday and I flunked!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! Although it carried no marks or watsoever towards our academic result, it seriously put a dent in yours truly's ego. I may not be good in my academic studies, but I always pride myself that I'm better in hands on skills (yes, hands on skills... ;)). I felt scarred, hurt, bruised and lost all the strength to face the world. At first I was afraid I was petrified....si beh drama ...and then.... I got over it like in 5 mins.

I found out that even the saints, demigods and the immortals in entire cohort also failed! Ha! If they also failed, where would that placed a mere mortal like myself? Moreover, I was the tenth or so person in a entire cohort of 92 students who flunk, and no 2nd attempt was given. Another factor, was also the mannequins, they are abt 8 or 9 of them and they come from different manufacturers, so naturally some are more sensitive to pressure than others.

What made me felt better was the fact that over the course of the next few days, I found out that others that passed were given at least abt 3 chances, some even 5! And the tester told me "only one chance!" Cheh!

The sian part is attending the remedial class this afternoon, just so to obtain a signature to qualified me for the retest. Hello! I already know the procedures, just that I wasn't given another chance.

Good thing that it's the weekend already. Now, just to brace myself for the 're-match' on monday, heeyah!!!

ps: for those who dun know me, that is not me in the photo, not the one bending down behind and definitely not the 'thunder' thighs on the left side, i'm just...... not in the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home