Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bloody Pharmacist

I had an encounter today with the pharmacy's resident diva. A patient of mine was due for transfer and he was prescribed a topical lotion that was supposed to be in the ward. But alas after searching the entire ward, it happened that the lotion was out of stock. So off I went to the pharmacy for the drug.

I approached her nicely and told her I needed a favour from her and showed her the prescription, that was when her blabbering started. She started commenting about the ward's stock regimen and commented that staff nurses are not doing their job properly. She carried on for about 5 mins, all this infront of her colleagues and some staff from other wards. It made me looked stupid and useless, yet I endured, becos I didn't want to have a face off with her and my priority was to get the drug for my patient. If I could, I would have stuffed my shoes into her frigging mouth! CCB!

The more I think about it when I was back in the ward, the angrier I got. Where the heck was her professionalism? What gave her the bloody right to chide me infront of others. I will not stoop to her level, instead I intend to have a talk with her when she comes to the ward. Let's just see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home