Saturday, September 30, 2006

Arrowed

My senior nursing manager(SNM) aka big sister big in my ward is one who believes in participation. She is always telling us that being a nurse is not enough, you have to devote your time to participate activities outside of your work to make your nursing life more enriching etc. In short, she likes to yank ppl to join all kinds of funny activities.

Being a new kid on the block, I was unfortunate to be
the latest victim of her modus operandi. She asked me to join in a drama king & queen contest for the annual d&d and that it was fun etc etc. I think I was possessed that day or something, I said ok without checking with my seniors, surely they are familiar with her antics, and could warn me of it. But no, being idiotic, I actually said yes.

The dumb ass in me thought it was just some acting thingy, but boy was I wrong! I went for the audition a week later I found out that it is a beauty pageant! WAH LAU, CB!!! During the audition, they actually made me strut, yes strut not walking mind you ard the conference hall and striked a pose. I almost died in there, I mean, I know I'm not ugly lah, but I'm definitely not good looking! With my kind of face, how to take part? There was this guy who kept snapping pictures and told me to smile for the camera, I never never felt more uncomfortable in my life. I of course walked clumsily and awkwardly hoping that I wouldn't get selected.

After a few days, my SNM called for me and told me excitingly that I was selected fot the pageant! Huh? I almost went into seizure on the spot, I kept repeating to her that I just dun have the looks, but she was just kept telling me that they don't just go for looks.... sigh.....What have I got myself into????
The standard is so low meh, my kind of face also can get selected, is it the pet beauty pageant or what?

As if things couldn't getting any worst, I have to actually attend grooming classes to prep for the pageant! I'm so gonna die, I think I'll be the first contestant to get booed off stage or stoned to death. I better start praying, pls pls keep me in your prayers.... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home